My Center
18 3551

[Tech-Talk]What's an IR Blaster

By h.a7865253 » 2017-2-24 20:13  Post Time [Android Tutorials] [Copy Link]

Welcome to Coolpad Community!

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by h.a7865253 at 2017-2-24 20:19

What is an IR blaster, and how does it work?

coolpad_cool1_dual11.jpg

An infrared blaster (IR sounds better and less techy) is a gadget that accepts some sort of input from your remote and "blasts" it via infrared to the IR-compatible device you're trying to control. One common example is with some smart remotes, like the Logitech Harmony Elite.

This remote doesn't have to communicate directly with your device. Instead, the remote talks with the Harmony Hub. You can attach mini IR blasters to the hub and these blasters can then send your commands to devices like your cable box, stereo receiver, or Blu-ray player.
The main reason you'd something like this is you don't have to have line-of-sight with the device you're controlling; only the IR blasters and the hub they're attached to have to be near your boxes. This means you can place boxes out of the way (or even sometimes hidden in an AV closet) and still control everything like they were out in the open.

How it works with a cable box

To communicate with a cable box, an IR blaster must align to the same infrared frequency. Luckily, this is done automatically during the setup process of capable smart TVs. You will be asked for your zip code and what cable service provider you use, and sometimes the make and model of your cable box. After answering these brain-busters, your TV will adjust to the proper frequency, and ask you to change the channel to make sure the blaster is working.

Are there any other benefits to using an IR Blaster?

We’ve reviewed some TVs that have terrible IR sensors on them: Pressing a button on the remote will not do anything unless it is pointed directly at the sensor. There are no (appropriate) words for this kind of frustration.
This brings us to an additional benefit of using an IR blaster: It can extend the range of your remote, and it can overcome obstacles. Since this device is pumping out a stronger signal than your TV or cable box, you can sit at a comfortable distance away from your electronics and still change the channel, plus the signal will go through certain walls. Cable box blocked by a stack of Blu-rays? Not a problem.

What devices are compatible with an IR blasters

Cool-1-Dual-Coolpad-800x342.jpg.pagespeed.ce.aI36P2Oq3h.jpg

IR blasters are also found with phones like the "Coolpad Cool 1", which use them to control your TV,AC,Set top box and other remote controllers gadgets from respective distance from gadget. You also have to be connected with internet connection. This is how you're able to change the channel  while streaming your live TV from anywhere.
You will also find IR blasters on some other phones. Though it's less common these days, phones like the Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, LG G5, and others included IR blasters on the tops of phones.

Total of 15 replies on [[Tech-Talk]What's an IR Blaster], last reply to 2017-7-4 17:59

Nitind Gold Member Post Time 2017-3-22 10:07:43 | Show all posts
parthm replied at 2017-3-18 17:14
I really appreciate the capability of cool1 dual and Le2 to work as smart remote. These phones can l ...

Xiomi 4A provides this function in 5999. update urself

parthm Senior Cool Post Time 2017-3-18 17:14:21 | Show all posts
I really appreciate the capability of cool1 dual and Le2 to work as smart remote. These phones can learn from any IR remote... This feature is absent in any other company phone like Xiaomi and Lenovo. Appreciate LeEco/coolpad for it and wish they don't skip this in next mobiles... Moderators please convey appreciation to R&D team and send them feedback to not to skip this in future versions...

TusharPardhi Active Member Post Time 2017-3-6 00:35:08 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
sir nougat update are available on coll 1 or not

MANJUNATH Gold Member Post Time 2017-2-27 08:25:25 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
This is copy f4om redmi company

Comments

My volte not work properly i using coolpad cool 1 please give me solution of this problem  Post Time 2017-5-18 09:28

SKB Super Moderator Post Time 2017-2-24 23:20:46 | Show all posts
Useful feature for the people like us who don't have any right on remote control of TV

Comments

Absolutely Correct bro  Post Time 2017-2-27 09:58

Francis224 Cool Moderator Post Time 2017-2-25 22:26:15 | Show all posts
Aweful buddy

Comments

Thnks Bro  Post Time 2017-2-27 09:58

Raghunarayan Veteran Post Time 2017-2-26 12:53:49 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Nice info

h.a7865253 Cool Moderator Post Time 2017-3-6 15:41:19 | Show all posts
MANJUNATH replied at 2017-2-27 08:25
This is copy f4om redmi company

redmi doesn't have any copy rights of ir blaster...

Longri143 Senior Cool Post Time 2017-3-11 23:55:08 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
unfortunately, i don't have that on my Coolpadnote 5

parthm Senior Cool Post Time 2017-4-1 16:51:36 | Show all posts
Nitind replied at 2017-3-22 10:07
Xiomi 4A provides this function in 5999. update urself

What I mean is LeEco devices and coolpad cool1 dual have IR sensor in addition to IR emitter. You can bring any random IR remote control in front of LeEco phone/cool1 dual and it learns from it and so you can make any custom remote control of your choice.  

This is not available in Redmi 4A. Xiaomi devices can only work with templates. It cannot learn from any random remote control. The reason is that they don't have IR sensor. Only IR emitter in Xiaomi devices.

Please learn from here how it works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcEygsu5uIc

9691797961 Big Cool Fan Post Time 2017-5-21 13:39:24 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
When we get nogut update in this phone

SheemaDas New Cool Post Time 2017-5-27 10:33:47 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I love you

Chandan1994 New Cool Post Time 2017-6-11 07:57:11 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Sir coolpad max a8 ka update kab tak aayega......

Ravi333pal New Cool Post Time 2017-6-17 10:55:59 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Cool1 is cool. But No expendable memory, gives me reson not to buy
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ForumTreasure

Wonderful Post

darkroom|Back to Mobile Version|privacy

Coolpad Official Forum

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list