My Center
422 7057

[New Build] Note 5 Nougat v235

By CIA » 2017-9-22 15:29 Stick [Copy Link]

Welcome to Coolpad Community!

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Hello Coolfans!!

Most of the users have already got Nougat v235.
Here is the new Note 5 "Nougat" v235 build for the users who didn't get the new build yet. Go flash it and enjoy the new build.

Build v235:

YGDP:

How to flash the update :

Please follow the flashing guidance with screen shot:

Download "Android N rar" and "YGDP tool", Extract both the zip files.

Install the YGDP tool using setup.exe file.
After YGDP setup is complete, a shortcut will appear on your desktop.
Open the YGDP tool by clicking the shortcut.

• Password: 9527
    Click on configure to select the .CPB file

Just after you click on START, Connect your phone to the laptop in "bootloader mode" under "recovery menu".

successfull upgrade!

Note: Report the bugs and suggestion in comments.Don't make a new thread for bugs.

Total of 319 replies on [[New Build] Note 5 Nougat v235], last reply to 2018-1-3 19:18

alap1983 Big Cool Fan Post Time 2017-9-23 01:28:45 | Show all posts

Update to Bug Report in Nougat until V235

Edited by alap1983 at 2017-9-27 20:33

Update: According to Super Moderator.. the following issues have been solved

Coolpad Note 5 users who flashed Android Nougat initially.. please flash this update and report.

There are many people who are stuck on Marshmallow V039 because Android N on the phone is known to be VERY buggy.

Have ANY of the following Bugs sorted out:

1)screen recording missing --> Screen recording is available>press power and volume up.
2)finger print sensor opening slightly late than marshmallow --> FIX THIS
3)multi window mode missing --> ADD THIS
4) dual apps missing  --> ADD THIS
5)magic voice missing  --> ADD THIS
6)keyboard not changeable --> Need to Install third-party keyboard.. Then disable the default keyboard
7)we like down menu but it's changed here as it is given up only.... --> The signature Bottom Quick Setting Menu Needs to be reintroduced in Nougat.
8) Music player getting stuck a bit upon unlocking ---> music player is running smoothly, no issue is identified upon testing.
9)call float bar not working --> ADD THIS
10)split screen not working for coolui apps music player, video player etc  --> FIX THIS
11)lock screen doesn't show any notification and even can't see pull notification bar from up --> Notification bar can be pulled down by swiping finger down on the screen. Notification also shows up in lock screen with +1 marking.
12)fingerprint sensor is bit slow in Opening lock --> FIX THIS.. Acording to a user, there's a black screen that pops-up after unlocking with FP. If this is removed/disabled, the unlock process will be as fast as in Marshmallow.
13) can't lock  contacts,  messaging app and call app --> FIX THIS
14) locked apps are shown with both fingerprint and code entering simultaneously....please make one of them minimised --> FIX THIS
15)dual space needed -- ADD THIS
16)internet speed fluctuating --> Internet speed fluctuating is not identified while we are testing.
17) near ear screen off doesn't work --> Enable the near ear screen off toggle from the call settings.
18)pop up reply for WhatsApp has to be sent two times to go --> FIX THIS
18) bit hearing and heating --> The Heating issue is a BIG ONE for Coolpad Phones. Perhaps modifying the charging parameters will fix this. Suggested solution: NEVER Choose Fast Charging. ALWAYS Choose Intelligent or Regular Speed Charging. The charging will be a bit slow.. but phone won't heat up much.
19) icons like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth,hot spot can't be connected in that panel itself like earlier --> FIX THIS
20) video player after playing half video suddenly shows cannot play message and is getting stuck badly --> FIX THIS... Suggested Solution: Install MX Player or VLC and keep it as default. These players can play almost all formats. Similarly install thrid-party apps for all primary functions like music, camera, etc.
21) Apps Crashing. --> This too is a common problem. Suggested Solution: After flashing the Nougat update through fastboot mode, boot into Recovery by pressing the Power Button and both volume buttons... And CLEAR CACHE... This should force all apps to flush their redundant files. Hopefully their crashes will be reduced/eliminated.23)Android N Is Not Fluid As MM --> FIX THIS. Nougat users can try to clear cache.
24)When Two Many Notification Comes Mobiles Hangs Alot --> FIX THIS. It is likely that notification management is not optimized.
26) Notification Bar Fills Annoying Can't See Message --> FIX THIS

27) Output by Speaker and headphones is too low --> FIX THIS28) Jio video call is automatically disconnected when they left the call voice call working normally but video call is not working
29) when we click on notification clear button the hd volte notification also gone --> FIX THIS... Could be an isolated incident or settings issue. Other users please confirm similar behavior.
30) When reboot mobile we automatically Bluetooth is turned on --> FIX THIS... Could be an isolated incident or settings issue. Other users please confirm similar behavior.
31) When we open cool manager Bluetooth is turning on automatically
32) Not showing battery usage  settings--> Could be an isolated incident Other users please confirm similar behavior.
33) Coolmaneger antivirus database is not updating daily it update only when app --> Possible solution: May need to keep the program active in the background. Do not allow Clear Apps to shut antivirus down.

As a precaution.. please clear ALL Cache after installing this update from Recovery Menu.
@Moderator, please keep this bug-report and ask the R&D to fix these and any new bugs.
Coolpad Note 5 is a good device with decent hardware. But the Software & OS is killing the appeal of the device. Update: Requesting people to message me if you find more bugs or solutions, I will keep on updating this list. Hopefully we will have a bugless version of Nougat soon..

Comments

Notification bar is full of notifications , but i believe that even without these notifications stuff phone is slower than MM version. I hate to accept that we have higher Android version with a Laggy   Post Time 2017-11-16 19:01
Notification bar is full of notifications , but i believe that even without these notifications stuff phone is slower than MM version. I hate to accept that we have higher Android version with a Laggy   Post Time 2017-11-16 19:01
Bro i totally agree with you, but i dont like that bottom quick setting menu... And you forgot about "theme" app being disabled by "playstore" BUG. And you said phone starts lagging when notification   Post Time 2017-11-16 18:58
Bro i totally agree with you, but i dont like that bottom quick setting menu... And you forgot about "theme" app being disabled by "playstore" BUG. And you said phone starts lagging when notification   Post Time 2017-11-16 18:58
Bro There is big heating problem in naugat v 235 and 234.  Post Time 2017-10-15 11:47
Bro There is big heating problem in naugat v 235 and 234.  Post Time 2017-10-15 11:47
correct points mentioned.....  Post Time 2017-10-2 20:26
correct points mentioned.....  Post Time 2017-10-2 20:26
Yes bro हम लोगो ने फोन अपनी सहूलियत के लिए खरीदा था ना कि परेशान होने के लिए मै तो जब एंड्रॉयड एन के कई वर्जन डाउनलो   Post Time 2017-9-23 10:03
Yes bro हम लोगो ने फोन अपनी सहूलियत के लिए खरीदा था ना कि परेशान होने के लिए मै तो जब एंड्रॉयड एन के कई वर्जन डाउनलो   Post Time 2017-9-23 10:03

MskKhan Gold Member Post Time 2017-9-27 18:32:33 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Gps is not working
More Images Small Image Big Image
Image loading, please wait ...

Ajith Veteran Post Time 2017-9-30 01:00:17 | Show all posts
It have been 10 months since the launch of Android N beta RoM for note 5. Still its not stabled.Its  easy for a developer team of 10-25 members to solve this issues in a month. What the hell your doing ?

If its taking more time why cant you give this work to a third party Development team ?

Comments

Meri sbse bdi bhul 19 oct. ko hui thi iska ehsas kafi time bad ab hua (isi din Maine cpn 5 book Kiya Tha ) per ummid karta hun ki shyd koi sun le  Post Time 2017-10-1 16:19
Meri sbse bdi bhul 19 oct. ko hui thi iska ehsas kafi time bad ab hua (isi din Maine cpn 5 book Kiya Tha ) per ummid karta hun ki shyd koi sun le  Post Time 2017-10-1 16:19

Nigamananda Veteran Post Time 2017-10-13 20:36:04 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
These Are the Problem faced by me in Naugat V235.

Problem:-

1. Night Mode is too much deep redness please decreased it few.
2. Fingerprint is just a little bit slower.
3. When sliding up the notification bar its lagged sometime.
4. Battery Backup is not better than MM v31.S omtime battery dropping by 2 percenet.
5. No Fingerprint Applock system(please add this compulsory)
6. Notifications have stock android look (like whatsapp,facebook...etc) & not like coolui mm version.
7. Device heated soon when we just turn on data or playing simple games.
8. in control center the "data activate" icon is near the "flight mode" icon so please move the flight mode near from data icon.

The Major Problem I faced that the device heating too much..i cannot touch my mobile.. and another is Battery Backup So please fix these problems

suyog818181 Gold Member Post Time 2017-11-29 09:31:30 | Show all posts
It has been a while that Android Oreo is released for certain android phones.

Why not Coolpad Developers focus on Oreo 8.0 port for Coolpad Note 5.

I also requests that Coolpad developers should enhance the COOLUI features. CN5 is a solid phone and it deserves attractive UI. I hope developers may work on COOLUI enhancements. I hope they should make COOLUI better than MIUI.

Also if possible, please develop the MIUI port on OREO 8.0 for CN5.

JayRam Gold Member Post Time 2017-9-22 17:49:41 | Show all posts
hi

JayRam Gold Member Post Time 2017-9-22 17:53:08 | Show all posts
it is asking permission acess we are unable to get download link

MskKhan Gold Member Post Time 2017-9-22 18:39:05 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
maine to 4 din pahle v235 update kar liya kya ab phir se karne per incoming calls ki problem thik ho jayega kya CIA plz tell me

Comments

Vbk
1)2nd sim slot not responding properly 2)Over heating 3)pservice showing up while using fingerprint unlocking 4) getting hang everytym when Data activate  Post Time 2017-10-23 18:12
Vbk
1)2nd sim slot not responding properly 2)Over heating 3)pservice showing up while using fingerprint unlocking 4) getting hang everytym when Data activate  Post Time 2017-10-23 18:12
Hi, CIA I have upgraded v235 bt my issue not solved  Post Time 2017-9-26 23:33
Hi, CIA I have upgraded v235 bt my issue not solved  Post Time 2017-9-26 23:33
CIA
upgrade to v235 and see if your issue is solved or not  Post Time 2017-9-26 12:43
CIA
upgrade to v235 and see if your issue is solved or not  Post Time 2017-9-26 12:43
My cpn 5 second sim incoming call not receiving after upgrade v232 and after few days i downgrade v36 incoming calls was working but today i upgraded again v232 i saw same issue incoming calls not wo   Post Time 2017-9-23 22:13
My cpn 5 second sim incoming call not receiving after upgrade v232 and after few days i downgrade v36 incoming calls was working but today i upgraded again v232 i saw same issue incoming calls not wo   Post Time 2017-9-23 22:13
CIA
Elaborate your issue so that we can forward it to the team  Post Time 2017-9-23 11:50
CIA
Elaborate your issue so that we can forward it to the team  Post Time 2017-9-23 11:50

aamol.gajare Gold Member Post Time 2017-9-22 21:14:34 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Any bugs? Please tell me i want update my cpn 5

Comments

Plz don't update to 235  Post Time 2017-10-25 09:50
Plz don't update to 235  Post Time 2017-10-25 09:50
Vbk
Plz don't do it ...  Post Time 2017-10-23 18:09
Vbk
Plz don't do it ...  Post Time 2017-10-23 18:09

MskKhan Gold Member Post Time 2017-9-22 22:49:01 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
i have updated just bt second sim incoming calls problem not sovled plz help me #CIA

coolpadnote5 VIP Post Time 2017-9-22 23:34:57 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Updated via ots
More Images Small Image Big Image
Image loading, please wait ...

sivaraman Big Cool Fan Post Time 2017-9-23 00:24:23 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
how to get this version

Palas Veteran Post Time 2017-9-23 00:26:05 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Dd

ashish2nayak Big Cool Fan Post Time 2017-9-23 01:38:26 | Show all posts
Hi

writetosai Veteran Post Time 2017-9-23 07:45:58 | Show all posts
thanks

CIA Administrator Post Time 2017-9-23 15:49:49 | Show all posts
alap1983 replied at 2017-9-23 01:28
Coolpad Note 5 users who flashed Android Nougat initially.. please flash this update and report.

Th ...

1.Screen recording is available>press power and volume up.
2.music player is running smoothly, no issue is identified upon testing.
3.notification bar can be pulled down by swiping finger down on the screen. Notification also shows up in lock screen with +1 marking.
4. Internet speed fluctuating is not identified while we are testing.
5.Enable the near ear screen off toggle from the call settings.

Share the screen shots of the issues you are having.

Comments

CIA, i wrote my issues, but i would like to speak in this article is that about this no. 4, internet is fluctuating alot. I gave u details in my threats(page 44) please test it again. Or please lets   Post Time 2017-10-31 20:07
CIA, i wrote my issues, but i would like to speak in this article is that about this no. 4, internet is fluctuating alot. I gave u details in my threats(page 44) please test it again. Or please lets   Post Time 2017-10-31 20:07

maxinjohn Big Cool Fan Post Time 2017-9-23 19:18:02 | Show all posts
CIA replied at 2017-9-23 15:49
1.Screen recording is available>press power and volume up.
2.music player is running smoothly, no  ...

Hi,

I support your reply and thanks for that but what about other features missing from MM.

In addition above mentioned missing functions and reported bugs, where finger print app lock feature???, When  will you release a stable nougat rom, You have not yet stabilized Nougat rom yet and android O devices are coming this year(not by you).

Anyway I like the phone and OS

Regards,
Maxin

naeem8 Senior Cool Post Time 2017-9-23 22:14:07 From the mobile phone | Show all posts

hi Mr CIA

Edited by naeem8 at 2017-9-23 22:19

I Recently Updated To Android N V235
1.Android N Is Not Fluid As MM
2.When Two Many Notification Comes Mobiles Hangs Alot
3.Fingerprint To unclock App Are Missing
4.Fingerprint Unlocking Is Slow As Comperd To MM
5.notification Bar Fills Annoying Can't See Message Kindly Look on Them
Otherwise We Have To Look For Better Options Like MI
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ForumTreasure